The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Department of Continuing Education and Education Management (we.b) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany, in cooperation with the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and King Mongkut’s University of Technology (KMUTT), Thailand, are jointly organising the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD South East Asia 2020 in both Malaysia and Thailand, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam to tackle successfully every-day challenges.
In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Innovation Management and Internationalisation with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
- Participants should be between 30 and 45 years.
- Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, Head of Department).
- Task force managers for university reform projects.
- Managers of staff development units or programmes.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be highly regarded.
Programme Contents and Methodology
UNILEAD South East Asia 2020 focuses on three key areas:
- Project Management (PM)
This includes courses on Methodology of Project Management, Financial Management in Projects and Risk Management.
- Innovation Management (IM)
This includes the basics of Innovation Management with common methods and processes in practical exercises, based on real cases.
This includes internationalisation development, strategy, and projects.
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website at https://go-dl.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead for detailed information please see announcement attached).
Strict closing date of the application is March 17th, 2020, 11:59 am Central European Winter Time.
The selection committee composed of high profile Higher Education Management experts will meet in the beginning of April 2020.