GERMAN M.Sc. on “Integrated Water Resources Management” and “Natural Resources Management” (IWRM/NRM-SEA) – with one exchange semester in Germany
Academic year 2018 – 2019
The German M.Sc. on “Integrated Water Resources Management” and “Natural Resources Management” for Vietnam and South-East Asia is offered in Vietnam by the TH Koln – University of Applied Sciences (TH Koln) and Vietnam Academy for Water Resources (VAWR) – with one exchange semester in Germany.
The M.Sc. program is based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) with the total of 120 ETCS in 2 years of study. The program is accredited in Germany and approved by Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training.
The German degree Master of Science (MSc.) granted by TH Koln (Cologne University of Applied Sciences).
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) grant scholarships for outstanding students (top 30% of class annually);
- Scholarships for all students to be exchanged to Germany for 3rd semester;
- Funding for joint-student projects in partner universities in Jordan, Egypt, Mexico, Brazil, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Nepal…
- 1-2 applicants from Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar will be selected to receive full scholarship from SERVIR-Mekong (a USaid-NASA initiative for the Mekong region) if admitted to the program by the selection committee.
PROGRAM STRUCTURE: 02 years (04 semesters)
- 1st and 2nd semester: study at Vietnam Academy for Water Resources
- 3rd semester: study at Cologne University of Applied Sciences
- 4th semester: write and defend the master thesis in Germany/Vietnam
- Language for instruction: English.
- Lecturers: from TH Koln – University of Applied Sciences and Vietnam Academy for Water Resources and other leading universities and institutes.
TUITION FEE: ≈4,500 Euro for the whole course (including the semester in Germany)
In order to participate in IWRM/NRM-SEA, you should:
- hold a university degree (bachelor degree) in one of these fields: engineering, natural sciences, geography, agricultural or social sciences
- have an academic or professional background in the above fields
- IELTS min. 6.0 or equivalent
Admission procedure: Online application and interview.
DEADLINE: May 30th, 2018
ADDRESS: Center for Training and International Cooperation, Vietnam Academy for Water Resources, 171 Tay Son Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi City, Vietnam (Tel: + 84 24 62923643)