The Vietnamese-German Center for Medical Research at 108 Military Central Hospital, Hanoi (www.vgcare.org) is looking for a senior scientist within a DAAD-funded project.
Position: Senior Scientist (100%)
The senior scientist will be employed in Vietnamese-German Center for Medical Research (VG-CARE, www.vgcare.org) for scientific tasks within a DAAD-funded project and will be hired at the earliest possible date. VG-CARE is Vietnamese-German Center for Medical Research – a cooperation between the 108 Military Central Hospital, Hanoi, and the University of Tübingen, Germany, and is located at the 108 hospital, Hanoi. The position will be limited for one year and can be extended for subsequent years, based on performance. The project is expected to run until 31.12.2025.
We are looking for a candidate who can be responsible and deliver the tasks to the best of his/her ability with the foreseen following responsibilities
- Supervision of several projects in the role of group leader
- Clinical research in the field infectious diseases
- Supervision of Master student projects (4-5 per year)
- Regular reporting to the coordinator in Germany
- Writing scientific publications and reports
- PhD, with at least three years of experience as a post-doc,
- A veterinarian background with Zoonotic infectious diseases is preferred
- Expertise in Epidemiology, Surveillance of infectious diseases
- Strong experience in molecular biology in particular PCR, ELISA, diagnostics, sequencing
- Excellent language skills in English
- Flexibility to travel within Vietnam, ASEAN and EU
- Flexible and timely coordination with coordinator in Germany
- Women are encouraged to apply
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Alexa Purgreth (email@example.com).
Application deadline: 15 June 2021.
Please send your application via email to:
Dr. Alexa Purgreth firstname.lastname@example.org
Medizinische Klinik Innere Medizin VII
Institut für Tropenmedizin, Reisemedizin, Humanparasitologie