The “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” programme has been hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research for the past 10 years. It is held under the patronage of the German Minister of Education and Research, Ms Anja Karliczek. Honouring 25 young international researchers each year, the programme has successfully fostered the global exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability.
master students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals, with no more than three years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development
applicants who have completed their studies
Number of Scholarships
Since 2009, 232 outstanding scientists from 65 countries have been awarded for their achievements and contributions (as 2019).
up to three months
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Green Talents Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
- individual appointments with German experts of your choosing to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- networking opportunities at the 10-year-anniversary Green Talents alumni conference in Berlin with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape,
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of your own choice in Germany in 2020,
- exclusive access for you to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
Further information can be found at www.greentalents.de
Information about the upcoming competition can be found at www.greentalents.de