Das Vietnamese-German Center for Medical Research (VG-CARE) in Hanoi schreibt 5 Stipendien für ein Praktikum im Rahmen eines Master-Moduls im weiteren Fachgebiet der Infektionskrankheiten aus. Bewerben können sich Master-Studierende der Biologie/Biochemie/Infektionskrankheiten, die an einer vietnamesischen Hochschule für ihre Masterarbeit angemeldet sind. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 31. August 2022.
Vietnamese-German Center for Medical Research (VG-CARE) in Hanoi is announcing 4 Master’s module internships for a period of 5 months in the framework of the PAN ASEAN Coalition for Epidemic and OUtbreak Preparedness program (PACE-UP). The PACE-UP initiative is one of the four Global Health Centers (the only one in Asia), funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) / Ministry of Foreign Affairs (AA), Germany.
FRAMEWORK OF THE MODULE:
In collaboration with the student’s respective university, PACE-UP contributes to an outstanding master’s thesis under the VG-CARE umbrella (Master’s thesis done in VG-CARE, and be used for qualification of a Master’s degree from your university currently you are enrolled). Participating students, in consultation with their supervisors, develop a study with the PACE-UP program coordinator. A bachelor’s degree is a pre-requisite for the Master’s program.
Who can apply:
- Master’s students in biology/biochemistry/infectious diseases from universities in Vietnam who are registered to work for their master’s thesis.
- Master thesis must be completed no later than in December 2023.
- It is desired that the Master’s degree be completed of 2023.
- Supervision of the Master’s module study at VG-CARE by high qualified researchers along with the co-supervision with your respective university.
- Master’s module in a highly advanced laboratory.
- Monthly financial support of the Master’s module with 400 € for maximum 5 month (paid in VND).
- Master’s degree from the respective university along with the project module done in VG-CARE.
- Research experience certification from VG-CARE-PACE-UP program.
Applications can be submitted until August 31, 2022, after consultation with your supervisor.
Selection of the candidates:
Selection of the candidates will take place based on the submitted applications and personal (online) meetings along with their Master study supervisors.
Please send your application
All documents below in English:
- a cover letter with a CV
- a topic/short proposal (strictly half a page) for your Master’s thesis in the field of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases.
- Possibility of sampling and availability of biobanked or retrospective samples for proposed experimental studies.
- Name of your supervisor (preidentified), and his/her email ID.