Many of us would like to make a bigger contribution to solving the challenges our world is facing. Yet due to the global scale of our problems, which sometimes seems overwhelming, it can be difficult to find good information and know how we can effectively make a change.
During a three-day meeting amongst DAAD Alumni of South East Asia in Hanoi, Vietnam from 26th to 28th of May 2017 on Environment and Health, many Alumni shared their concerns for the environment in their countries. And many expressed the will to get involved. But everybody needs a great network to achieve success.
Where do you find help on engagement, guidance and a strong network? Where do you turn to when your project gets stuck?
And, most important, how can you translate the ideas you gained during the Alumni meeting into action, immediately?
The Green Champions Competition was born out of that necessity.
Launched at the World Environment Day, 5th of June 2017, the Green Champions Competition is an opportunity for DAAD Alumni to develop and submit their "green" projects within the next the 10 months. Throughout this period an expert panel of DAAD Alumni, who will be chosen soon, will provide guidance upon request. A jury, established by the DAAD among DAAD alumni, who are not involved in the competition, and experts from German universities, will evaluate all project outcomes submitted by the DAAD Alumni participants. After one year, the winners will be announced by the DAAD. The winners can expect attractive awards (e.g. short-term stay in Germany or in the region with participation in a topic-related event - to be announced).
Regional cross-border projects are highly appreciated!
- 5th June 2017: Launch of competition
- 30th June 2017: Establishment of expert’s panel
- 5th August 2017: Registration deadline for projects by DAAD Alumni
- 5th April 2018: Submission of project outcomes by registered DAAD Alumni
- 11th May 2018: Evaluation of project outcomes by the jury
- 26th May 2018: Announcement of the winners
- You are a DAAD Alumnus or Alumna from Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, who is engaged or participating in environmental protection.
- Your project should generate positive outcome until 5th April 2018.
- The registration form must provide information on the exact location of the project, with names of two contact persons.
What we provide:
- You can consult the expert panel as soon as it will be established.
- Your project will be monitored from July 2017 to 5th of April 2018 by the expert panel, DAAD Regional Office and country representatives.
- Amongst all submissions a jury will select Green Champions by 26th of May 2018 and will award the Green Champions attractive prices.
We are looking forward to your great ideas and projects.
Registration - until 5th August 2017:
Please register for your participation in the competition here.
Green Champions Expert panel:
Please click here
- <strong>Encouraging words</strong> (pdf, 258.61 KB) by Dr. Ajantha Perera
- <strong>Some inspirations</strong> (pdf, 6.04 MB) for your projects
Contact DAAD Regional Office Hanoi:
Shortlink for this page: