Our DAAD ambassadors…
- … are DAAD alumni who have themselves studied or carried out research in Germany.
- … know the German higher education system and the DAAD through their own experience.
- … are volunteers who, for a minimum of one academic year, act as the contact person at their university for all interested students and academics who want to obtain first-hand information about study and research opportunities in Germany.
- … have been trained extensively by the DAAD and are happy to advise you personally, comprehensively, reliably and free of charge.
- … hold an information event at your university at least once a semester focusing on study and research in Germany.
- … can provide you with up-to-date information materials.
- … are delighted that you are interested in visiting Germany to study or carry out research.
Get in touch!
Our current DAAD ambassadors in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos:
Dr Nguyen Thi Thanh Xuan has been a DAAD ambassador at An Giang University since 2014. She studied for her doctorate at the University of Bonn from 2009 to 2014.
An Giang University
My Xuyen, Long Xuyen
An Giang Province, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 127 5535643
Dr Nguyen Khoi Nghia studied at TU Munich from 2008 to 2012 and now teaches at Can Tho University.
Department of Soil Science
College of Agriculture & Applied Biology
Can Tho University, Campus 2
3/2 Street, Ninh Kieu District
Can Tho, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 93 2801727
Dr Nguyen Thanh Trung was a doctoral student in Molecular Biology at the University of Greifswald from 2005 to 2010. He currently works as a researcher and lecturer in the Center for Molecular Biology, Institute of Research and Development, Duy Tan University in Da Nang. Dr. Trung has been a DAAD ambassador at Duy Tan University since 2017.
Institute of Research and Development
Duy Tan University
K7/25 Quang Trung
Tel.: +84 96 7258226
Assoc Prof Dr Nguyen Hoang Khanh Linh is the DAAD ambassador at Hue University. She studied at the University of Göttingen from 2009 to 2013.
04 Le Loi, Hue, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 33 4647777
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Duy has done his PhD in Germany at the University of Greifswald with DAAD support from 2005 – 2008. He is now working as an Associate Professor and Vice Director at the Institute of Biotechnology and Environment of Nha Trang University.
Institute of Biotechnology and Environment, Nha Trang University
02 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 36 8369837
Chanchamroeun Saing is the DAAD ambassador at the Goethe-Zentrum Phnom Penh in Cambodia. Chanchamroeun Saing will be happy to provide advice and support for any queries you may have about studying and conducting research in Germany.
Goethe-Zentrum Phnom Penh
META HOUSE Phnom Penh
German Cambodian Cultural Center
#48 Street 228, Village 8, Chaktomuk Commune, Daun Penh District,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel.: +855 89556066
Dr Nguyen Thi Phuong Mai is the DAAD ambassador at Thai Nguyen University of Sciences in Thai Nguyen (TNUS). She studied at the University of Göttingen from 2011 to 2016.
Dept. of Natural Resource Management
Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources
Thai Nguyen University of Sciences
Thai Nguyen, Thai Nguyen Province
Tel.: +84 96 5156068
Dr Hoang Thi Ha is the DAAD Ambassador at Hong Duc University in Thanh Hoa province. She studied PhD at UNiversity of Greifswald from 2010 – 2014.
International Cooperation Department
Hong Duc University
565 Quang Trung St.
Thanh Hoa, Thanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 96 4620145
Dr Champathong Phochanthilath is the DAAD Ambassador at the National University of Laos (NUOL). She was a doctoral student at the Humboldt University Berlin from 2014 to 2018.
Faculty of Social Sciences
National University of Laos
Tel.: +856 20 56985345